The following are some User Tips which should help you along the way in your understanding of the KOS VoIP 911 service.
• It is important to note that VoIP 911 service you have subscribed to has certain limitations relative to Enhanced 911 service that is available on most traditional telephone services.
• Be prepared to confirm your location and call-back number with the operator who answers the 911 call since the operator may not have this information easily available.
• Be aware that the VoIP 911 service may not be available during a power outage, environmental circumstances and will be unavailable during a broadband Internet outage.
• Make sure that your location information is kept current with your VoIP service provider since the operator may assume that you are at the last registered address if you are not able to speak during a 911 call.
• Make sure not to hang up until told to do so, and to call back as soon as possible if you get disconnected.
• Lastly you need to ensure that you understand any 911 limitations of your VoIP service and that you make all other potential users of the service aware of these limitations.
If you still have further questions visit our 911 FAQ and Support page, or contact our support team to assist you.